Following the announcement of the lockdown, which starts today, we have been monitoring government guidelines and advice from the RYA. These have been developing over the last couple of days, which has unfortunately made it difficult to make an early decision.
The news unfortunately isn’t good. With immediate effect the club is closed until further notice, both the site and the water.
Access is permitted to site, but only for essential maintenance and repairs. This doesn’t include grass cutting, boat washing, or anything else that can reasonably be expected to wait until the lockdown ends.
The site will be checked twice a week, for general security and to check the boat park.
At the moment we can’t say when the club will reopen. As restrictions change we will of course review the situation.
The Covid Committee