Although we can't currently get out on the water to sail, we can still have a little bit of sailing related fun.
You now have the opportunity to take place in some club sailing online.
There will be 4 race series running through the week, on a Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. The Friday event is only for juniors.
For full details of how to take part please have a look at the Virtual Racing page within the members area.
Full club closure
Following the Prime Ministers announcement last night, and the below correspondence from Severn Trent Water, the club and boat park will now be closed until further notice. Please can I ask all members to respect this and to not go down to the club. This also means the boat park and boat shed.
A Message from Severn Trent Water
“Ogston is to be closed to the public for the foreseeable future. We are asking all User groups at Ogston to stay away from site. I understand that this will be very disappointing but we have to be very black and white about this. We realise that some activities are lower risk than others, however we cannot be seen to be allowing certain activities for some and not for others, whether that be on the same site, or across Severn Trent sites. The message has come down to us, we have to apply it and we ask you all to respect it.”
We are looking into ways to Help our members, but with the current government restrictions it is proving difficult so please bare with us and we will keep you constantly updated.
Thank you for your co operation.
Important club update
We are continuing to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19 (Coronavirus). The health and well-being of our members is of the highest importance to us. We have been monitoring the Government guidelines and the RYA’s advice over the last 24 hrs and have therefore made the difficult decision to close the clubhouse, and CANCEL ALL racing / activities at OSC until 1st May 2020.
Please can I urge all members not to enter the clubhouse until further notice.
If you feel fit and well, then you can still access the dinghy park for any necessary maintenance you need to carry out on your boat(s).
If you or family members do have health issues or Covid-19 symptoms then please do not visit the club.
Cancelled Duties will be re-allocated later in the season.
The Open Day and Enterprise Inland Championships will both be postponed until further notice.
The closure period may be extended but we will be closely monitoring the situation and will issue further updates to members in due course.
The committee meetings will still go ahead but via “Teams” which is an online meetings App. Our secretary will issue the Committee with instructions.
At the April committee meeting discussions will be held regarding how we might be able to permit some sailing activity to take place. This is in-line with RYA guidelines providing we can put sufficient protection measures in place.
We will of course continue to send out any further updates.
Thanks for your ongoing support during this difficult time.
I hope you will all be able to stay healthy and well during this unprecedented period.
We are continuing to closely monitor the evolving situation with the Covid-19 (Coronavirus). The health and well-being of our members is of the highest importance to us.
We are therefore postponing the Casino Night which was due to be held on Saturday 4th April until further notice.
Club racing will carry on as normal and we are urging any members / Family that are not well or have come in contact with the virus to avoid visiting the Club.
We will also be taking additional cleaning precautions within the Bar area’s to help keep those areas open.
We will of course update you further with additional updates on this changing situation with the Coronavirus.
Please all stay safe and well.
We're having a slight change to how the Boat Park is managed, and with no newsletter due until May I decided it was best to update you sooner as it does require some action from you.
The main changes are
Thank you in advance for your assistance