Here's an update to let you know where we are with the process of returning to sailing.
As you'll know the site is owned by Severn Trent, and for this reason they will be making the decision of when we can reopen.
Each of their sites is being classified into categories depending on the risk of the activities which take place there. The lowest risk sites may reopen in some form as early as next Wednesday, while the higher risk ones maybe several weeks ahead.
At the moment we're waiting to see which level we will be put into. Hopefully we'll be in one of the lower ones due to the lack of access to the general public.
The club is making the preparations for when we can reopen. We have completed the risk assessments and have decided on a safe system to allow us to operate. The Commodore is currently pulling all this together into a guide for all members.
I won't go into the nitty gritty here, but as a overview here is some of the plan.
The club grounds will be open for access as required as normal, but the clubhouse will be closed at all times.
Racing and free sailing will be available, but with a limit on the number of boats. Sailing will be prebooked via the website, so if you've not yet registered to access the members section of the website now would be a good time to do it.
We'll be looking for safety crews to be from the same household.
As you can imagine there's much more finer detail to come out, so please wait on the guidance document which you'll receive soon.
In the meantime please remember that the club is still fully closed.
More updates will follow as we have them.